This was so easy to make and again, easy to adapt as a gluten free recipe by using a gluten free flour blend and gluten free pasta. Everything comes together pretty quickly so it's great for a weeknight meal, if not good enough for company too. To prep for a make ahead meal, you can make the recipe in advance and warm up while you cook the pasta. This makes it easy to have dinner on the table without much effort!
recipe adapted from AllRecipes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose or GF flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chopped cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup frozen peas & carrots, thawed
- salt and pepper to taste
- pasta or biscuits for serving
- In a large skillet over medium low heat, melt butter and add mushrooms. Saute mushrooms until tender. Stir in flour until smooth.
- Slowly whisk in chicken broth, and cook until slightly thickened.
- Stir in cream and turkey. Reduce heat to low, and cook until thickened.
- Stir in frozen peas and carrots; continue to cook until warmed through.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve over pasta or biscuits