Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Fig Balsamic Glazed Salmon

Print
Balsamic vinegar is one of my favorite pantry staples because it can be used in both sweet and savory dishes. I especially love using it for salad dressings and marinades as well. For tonight's dinner, I used a special balsamic vinegar given by my friends, Camille and Kelby. They gave me a lovely bottle of fig balsamic vinegar a couple of weeks ago which I used to make this Fig Balsamic Glazed Salmon...

It wasn't until I hosted a balsamic vinegar tasting awhile back that I really started to learn and appreciate this ingredient. When I received this lovely bottle of fig balsamic vinegar, I knew it would go really well with fish - especially salmon. Taking a recipe I found from AllRecipes, I substituted regular balsamic vinegar with my fig balsamic... and it made for a sweet glaze with a great depth of flavor. If you don't have fig balsamic vinegar, any balsamic vinegar (regular or flavored) will do. I served my salmon over a bed of garlic rice and roasted asparagus and mushrooms, which I drizzled in some reserved glaze before roasting.

Fig Balsamic Glazed Salmon
recipe adapted from AllRecipes

6 (5 ounce) salmon fillets
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon white wine
1 tablespoon honey
1/3 cup fig balsamic vinegar
4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and spray with non-stick cooking spray.

Coat a small saucepan with non-stick cooking spray. Over medium heat, cook and stir garlic until soft, about 3 minutes. Mix in white wine, honey, balsamic vinegar, mustard, and salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for about 3 minutes, or until slightly thickened.

Arrange salmon fillets on foil-lined baking sheet. Brush fillets with fig balsamic glaze.


Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 14 minutes, or until flesh flakes easily with a fork. Brush fillets with remaining glaze, and season with salt and pepper. Use a spatula to transfer fillets to serving platter, leaving the skin behind on the foil.Garnish with parsley.

1 comments:

Blite26 said...

I would like to see dishes you created!! But overall not bad, you seem very knowledgeable about food. Not more than me, but good enough. LOL

Subscribe to Feeds
Follow Me on Twitter
Add in Facebook