Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Open Faced Surimi & Egg Salad Sandwich

Print
It's another night to get my creative juices flowing in the kitchen. So for dinner I took a peek into the fridge and came up with this open-faced surimi & egg salad sandwich. It was a nice and light meal that was a step up from the traditional egg salad sandwich.

For those that aren't familiar with surimi, it's those imitation crabmeat sticks commonly used in maki sushi such as California rolls. Surimi is made with white fish like pollock. I had some leftover from the time I made crab rangoon for our Chinese New Year dinner so it seemed like a good time to use it up!

Open Faced Surimi & Egg Salad Sandwich
original Joelen
recipe
serves 3

4 hard boiled eggs, chopped coarsely
1 cup chopped surimi
1/2 cup sliced green onion
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 teaspoon garlic salt
3 whole wheat english muffins, split & toasted


In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except the english muffins and mix until fully incorporated.
Top each toasted english muffin half with 1/6 of the mixture.

Weight Watchers Point Value = 7 points per serving

6 comments:

Molly Jean said...

What a great idea! I always enjoy having surimi (yeah... it's fake crab, but I love it!) around.

What a good way to use it. Thanks!

Dhanggit said...

this is truly beautiful and delicious! can't wait to make some for my "apero" this weekend!


ps, thanks so much for the award you gave me :-) kisses

Happy cook said...

I love surimi, actually to be honest i like surimi way more that real crab meat from tin.
These looks so yummy delcious.

wifeplzak said...

I love the addition of the crab to the egg salad. yummy

That Girl said...

I had no idea that Krab was whitefish! You have successfully discovered the only fish I'll eat!

Liz said...

I like the term "surimi" better than "krab"!

Looks really good!

Subscribe to Feeds
Follow Me on Twitter
Add in Facebook