Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Say Cheese...Eat Cheese

Print
Cheese is one thing I must have every week. In fact, one of the most satisfying snacks I have each week consists of cheese, bread or crackers, a few slices of salame or sopressata and some fresh fruit. It hits the spot every time. I was thrilled when I found out about the Say Cheese blogging event hosted by Cook (almost) Anything At Least Once. For this blogging event, we're to post about and photograph our favorite cheese. My favorite? Cypress Grove's Humboldt Fog goat cheese.It has a distinctive appearance with a line of vegetable ash through the middle. This cheese is creamy, smooth and perfect spread on bread or water crackers. It doesn't come cheap (I purchase this at Whole Foods where it goes for $22/lb) but its one simple pleasure I'm willing to indulge in at any cost. Yes, I love it that much! If anything, do give it a try even if its just a sample at your local cheese shop!

9 comments:

Annie said...

My favorite cheese! I love it when it's still firm and crumbly--the flavor is outstanding, and the ash gives it a great mineral flavor. I also love it when it ripens and turns soft and creamy, but the flavor isn't quite as interesting then, I think. Great cheese.

Alexa said...

I love that cheese too. It's a favorite even with my kids.

Stephany said...

Oooo cheese, a woman after my own heart! My favorite right now is drunken goat. Delicious!

Dunc said...

I am now dying for some cheese. That looks delicious!

Peabody said...

It's the best cheese ever.

Haalo said...

What a utterly lovely cheese - thank you for your entry!

Chutney Love said...

What a gorgeous cheese--heading to the market stat to purchase! :)

Tammie said...

Mmmm, I love cheese! There are so many varieties out there that I have yet to try. Thanks for showing me a few more!

Jude said...

Looks great. I always wonder about the cheeses with the lines across the middle. Sarap.

Subscribe to Feeds
Follow Me on Twitter
Add in Facebook